Monday, March 10, 2014

23 mobile things- thing #8

I tend to sign up for many social media sites but either forget to use them or decide against it. The only 2 I use regularily are facebook and linkedin. I do have a twitter account but it's been years since I used it. I do have both the facebook and linkedin mobile apps and check them quite frequently.

I downloaded Hootsuite to see if being able to check both facebook and linkedin at the same time would be helpful or not. It is easy to refresh the feeds and get the info, but I couldn't figure out how to post or comment on anything like I can in regular facebook. Also, it seems geared to someone with a twitter account.

Though I like the idea of Hootsuite, it doesn't seem to be as useful to me as it could be. I would rather check the few apps I have. For professional development and networking, I would probably stick with linkedin. However, I do welcome any librarian friends on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment