Wednesday, March 19, 2014

23 mobile things thing #10

For the tenth mobile thing, the topic is sharing photos. For this, I looked at Instagram as a possibility. As I said in my last post, I use my Iphone for any pictures I take on vacation or day to day. I usually share my photos through text message, or occasionally Facebook. This doesn't seem workable as a permanent solution because I would either have to text everyone and have their phone numbers or post for the world to see. If I could limit it to who is following me, I could feel more comfortable with the sharing process.

After registering with Instagram, I found that many of my Facebook friends are already actively sharing their pics. I found out that even Prince has an Instagram account, which is really cool. I lingered around and finally decided to share a test photo of my birthday cake. I posted it both on Facebook and Instagram and was surprised by the results. It seems that I get more feedback and "like"s on Facebook. I realized that it's probably because I don't have many followers on Instagram yet.

Since I don't use Twitter though I do have an account, Instagram is probably my best choice for sharing photos I don't want the public to see necessarily. I'm not sure I would actually use it in the library, but in day to day life it will be fun and interesting to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment