Wednesday, March 5, 2014

23 mobile things: thing #7

For this part of the experience, I decided to try Bitly. I had already used Delicious in library school to save bookmarks for a project and hoped that Bitly would be the same thing. It would be nice to be able to save my favorite websites and access them wherever I went. However, neither Bitly nor Delicious worked for me. I couldn't figure out how to import my Firefox bookmarks into Bitly and there was no help for that.

I did find out I could transfer bookmarks from Delicious to Bitly. Unfortunately, when I logged into Delicious, every one of my links is duplicated and I can't erase the duplicates. Also, Firefox is incompatible so I can't import those.

It seems to me that Bitly, Firefox and Delicious should be compatible with each other. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a point in content sharing. I could use Pinterest, but I had more experience with Delicious and thet type of application.

No comments:

Post a Comment