Sunday, March 2, 2014

23 mobile things- thing #6!

This time I looked at Quick Office as a way of editing and saving documents on my Iphone. I have always used Google Drive and Gmail to send and save documents I want to use elsewhere. Before Quick Office, I would have to download my documents to my laptop to make any changes before uploading back to Google. I could never edit anything unless I emailed it to myself first.

After using Quick Office, it has gotten better. Though not perfect, it is a nice step in the right direction. I am able to create and edit files on the go and save them to my cloud drive. I can even create a powerpoint on the bus and finish it at work.  I love I have used it to edit lists of things I need to do or books I want to get. I love the way you can track the changes made and center the text.

The only problems I see with Quick Office are the limitations. There is no way to see or add page numbers or change the margins. It would be nice to be able to insert pictures into the document as well. Maybe, at least for the Iphone version, one could insert things saved to Photos. This could be cleared up in another version. I know that it can never be the same as Office, but these could make things better. All in All, this is a great use of mobile technology as long as you get used to the Iphone keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment