Wednesday, March 26, 2014

23 mobile things #12

When looking at the choices for this topic I was tempted to try the audiobooks, as that would be nice on the bus ride to work. However, knowing how little experience I have with teen and young adult books, I chose the YALSA app. While I'm talking to a patron about book ideas, I could be looking at my phone for more ideas.

When using the YALSA app, I wasn't sure if it was a work in progress because parts didn't seem to work. If you look under book title, anything you select will result in a book not found message. If you look for the same book in any other way it works. I also like the variety of ways to search for books.

I tried using the find it part of the app. That also doesn't seem to work so well. In addition to assuming I am in Saint Paul Kansas, it can't show books available in the SPPL system. Instead, it directs me to college libraries and other county libraries.

I would use this app for informational and idea purposes, being careful to not search by title. I would then use Sierra or Mnlink on the computer to find the exact location of the book. Otherwise, it looks like a fun app.

No comments:

Post a Comment