Saturday, April 26, 2014

23 mobile things mn #23 THE END :)

After finishing my 23 mobile things experience, I have learned more about using my Iphone. Some of the activities were things I already knew about, but I didn't know about infographics and the presentations tools for example. I'm not sure if I will use my phone for creating presentations, but knowing that I can allows me to tell others and answer questions. I am also more open to using my phone during my off time to enrich and enhance what I do during the day.

My favorite discoveries would have to be that apps gone free app from #22 and the photo app from #9. I plan on using my iphone as my primary camera, especially when traveling. The ability to edit my photos without having to transfer them to another computer is huge. The apps gone free app, as I said in a previous post, lets me discover new apps in an easy way. The app also limits the selections to apps that are highly rated and useful. I actually found a couple this way that I still use.

I did talk about the experience with Jean C-N here at Hayden, and we went through the course together. We were able to banter back and forth over what apps we chose to talk about and what we thought about each one. I also was able to help her with her Ipad when she got stuck, especially at the beginning.

If something like this was offered in the future, I would probably participate. It would be more interesting to offer the list of categories and allow participants to pick which ones they wanted to do. There were categories this time that I already knew about as well as ones new to me. One category missing would be travel apps. These could be city guides, not just booking apps. Maybe also look at library apps or local apps from another state.

Finally, if I had to describe my experience in one word it would be "Inspiring". It's always nice to learn something new when you didn't expect to. Especially about the latest technology. Thanks for the opportunity to learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment