Wednesday, April 23, 2014

23 mobile things #18

For the education app mobile thing, I decided to try wikipanion. It is similar to the wikipedia app listed and seems to work better on my phone. In the past, whenever I downloaded the wikipedia app, it would freeze or take too long to load. I gave up and tried the free wikipanion app. For the most part, it works great. The app is like accessing wikipedia in look and performance.

I am able to type in a topic and suggested options would appear below the text. Sometimes it would not find what I am looking for. In that case, I would use safari and try wikipedia there. In most cases, there would simply be no wikipedia page for that topic. The app also has a history feature so I can find places I've been to before.

I have used this personally alot to understand various topics as they come up and answer reference questions. If the internet were down, I would definitely use this at work as a backup.

I have also used google earth. It is entertaining but I stopped using it because the computer version is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment