Wednesday, April 23, 2014

23 mobile things #17

This thing is about connecting to the community. In that spirit, I chose the going out app by the Star Tribune for my Iphone. I sometimes need information on things to see and do and find it's much easier to find it on my phone than have to find a paper or computer. This app is also easy to use. You can narrow by category and date.

Another app I used was the Saint Paul Connect. That is interesting because it allows you to report problems with potholes to the city. This year, this tends to be more useful in other years. Apparently, if enough people complain something will get done. The connect app does have a nice feature that lists neighbors, but they are listed by screen name. I was able to report a pothole and agree with another report however. I would use both personally but not professionally. I have found things to do using the one and successfully complained by using the other one. I would talk about them as suggestions in certain specific situations however.

No comments:

Post a Comment