Friday, April 25, 2014

23 mobile things #21

Since this a free-for-all category, I looked at every app I have to determnine which one was the most fun to write about. I finally decided on Knots3D. Though this app is currently 99 cents, it was free when I downloaded it to try it out.

The app has a list of 94 knots for use in various situations. When you look at a knot, there are step by step instructions. There is also a 3D image of the knot as it's being tied that you can rewind and look at from mutliple views. The knot can also be shown in full screen mode.

This app is useful for both personal and professional reasons. If a patron were to come up to the desk and ask how to tie a certain knot that is on the list, I could show on my phone the correct way and let him/her see it a couple of times. I would then print out a list of instructions, but the ability to see it being tied up close is too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment