Tuesday, February 25, 2014

23 mobile things thing #4

When using an RSS feeder to keep up with the news and other information, I used to use google reader. I was able to check on it through the web easily. When that left, I tried many other possibilities until I landed on Feedly. It doesn't work with internet explorer, but it does have a free Iphone app you can download. Until I got to this point in the 23 mobile things, I was content using this alone.

For this, I downloaded and tried Flipboard. The setup was fine, and I am able to view what I want. I was reluctant to try it because I am used to Feedly and can get all my news and technology info that way. However, after trying Flipboard, it does have things that Feedly doesn't. One example is the ability to see new books that are coming out as well as current books in categories such as reference, travel and nonfiction. This lets me keep up to date. This way, when I get asked for certain books, I have a clue about what it is.

My thought is that I will use both Feedly and Flipboard in the future. For times when I want to see quick and up to date news without extra stuff, I use Feedly. When I have time to read through multiple sources to get what I want, as well as look at things to help professionally, I will use Flipboard. Between the two, I should be able to stay well informed and in touch with the world. This is the point of the applications involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment