Friday, April 11, 2014

23 mobile things #13

When thinking back on all of the presentation tools I used in school, I had some idea on what I wanted for a presentations Iphone app. It had to be similar to both Jing and Powerpoint and still be usable. After looking at the choices, I came upon Deck.

After trying to create a presentation, I found that the app gives me choices, including the ability to create charts and add images. I can also change the theme and layout, though most cost extra. It seems to be like a basic Powerpoint like tool. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to add video. I could then tape myself doing whatever I want to show and play it back. This would be wonderful when trying to explain how to use databases and advanced search.

This seems to be a viable option if I ever needed to create a presentation on the fly in order to teach classes and I can't get powerpoint. However, Office is now available for free on the Iphone so that should be considered when choosing a presentation app. I haven't tested Powerpoint but that may give Deck a run for its money.

No comments:

Post a Comment